NEW FORUM: http://dtgc.forumotion.com/

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Usteche
Assassine
6 posters

Was it really needed to delete all the stuff?

Assassine
    Assassine
    Level 6

Was it really needed to delete all the stuff? Empty Was it really needed to delete all the stuff?

Post  Assassine Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:57 am

Sad
    Anonymous
    davine

Was it really needed to delete all the stuff? Empty Re: Was it really needed to delete all the stuff?

Post  davine Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:26 am

we had something good going, didnt we?
    Usteche
    Usteche
    Level 5

Was it really needed to delete all the stuff? Empty Re: Was it really needed to delete all the stuff?

Post  Usteche Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:29 am

We did.. Sad
    Anonymous
    davine

Post  davine Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:54 am

do you guys have any idea why dingle did it? this doesn´t even look like the forum he spent hours to make anymore. hacksor attack as revenge for trolling /b/ maybe?
    Assassine
    Assassine
    Level 6

Post  Assassine Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:24 am

nah dont think that. dingle already posted, he woulda told us.
    Gilraen
    Gilraen
    Level 2

Post  Gilraen Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:54 pm

Maybe he was not satisfied because the forum was not popular enough.
    Usteche
    Usteche
    Level 5

Post  Usteche Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:28 pm

I say we redo it soon.
    Cobolt
    Level 2

Post  Cobolt Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:30 pm

Fuck this shit. I liked the way we tried to start a community, but Dingle, you fucked it up. It's okay that you post 5 rp's on /b/ every fucking day, but you started up this shit to get it away from /b/, didn't you? A more serious community? You had that start. Maybe this was closer to what you wanted, but then you obviously said something else to those who joined the first 2-3 days.

And maybe you'll build this into a larger community later, but seeing how you abandoned the things you started (which we, the first guys, loved), you'll probably never cut loose from 4chan, and that's really not why I wanted to join here. That was one of the first things we posted on the Off Topic forum "This is not your /b/roclub." or something along those lines, didn't you read that? You should've read that.

I wanted a place where we could rp in that style you started with, without fucking memes all over the place. So please, make this a place where you have to register to post. Please make this a place where those who actually like this place and not /b/, can actually host some games without having their characters get names like Justin and Niggertits. Look at the BlackCock thread in the Random section, cool story bro.

I'm sticking around for now, but it's not because you made good choices. I'm sticking around because I said I wanted to make a post-apocalypse/Zombie RP. Don't know if I'm going to do it anymore, but meh, we'll see.

But seriously, Dingle. Restarting the forum? Not keeping the old skin or the first posts? This was a stupid thing to do.
    Dessert
    Level 5

Post  Dessert Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:26 am

I do not claim to have been here before the 'restart'. And I admit that I found this place through 4chan.

But, so far from what I HAVE seen, this seems like a good community, and I think this can definitely develop into a larger user base with or without the help of /b/.

I do hope that this place DOES stay civil, /b/ is nice and all, but can sometimes get out of hand.

As for the restart itself, I will say that a smaller forum did make the place seem a bit less intimidating when I decided to join, so that may be Dingle's reasoning. Either way, it was Dingle's choice, so I'm sure there was a reason.

Cobolt: Since you mentioned the zombie RP, Lolwut ran one last night in an IRC channel, the logs have been posted, and the game didn't finish so more to come.
    davine
    davine
    Level 6

Post  davine Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:54 am

hey guys, dingle told me in the chat yesterday that he had to delete the forum because of the bandwidth suddenly going through the roof. as i have no technical expertise, i have no idea if that´s a good reason or not, butit is at least a reason that he has given us.
    Assassine
    Assassine
    Level 6

Post  Assassine Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:40 am

dessert, the restart was 2 days after dingle set the forum up. it wasnt any larger then it is now.
    Anyway, still sucks
    davine
    davine
    Level 6

Post  davine Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:48 am

yes, but at least not more was lost.
    Assassine
    Assassine
    Level 6

Post  Assassine Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:49 am

true
    davine
    davine
    Level 6

Post  davine Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:50 am

so, wanna play either rots or qfg?
    Assassine
    Assassine
    Level 6

Post  Assassine Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:52 am

i just got home from work, gonna take some time before i do anything.

ill run rots if someone posts, but ill also just post at qfg, replying there doesnt take much time anyway

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:42 pm